Thursday, June 26, 2014

Life does get better emotionally

If I had only known that I could find peace when I was young life might have been less daunting. The anger was massive. The fear and self doubt were overwhelming. The guilt was just ridiculous. That was prior to finding out my life had been one huge lie! Then, oh, my freaking God! You adopted me just to abuse me? What a twisted mess. 

Searching for my bio. family was interesting. Who knew it was not my right to know where I came from according to the state? It was not my right to know my medical history. It was eye opening for sure. I was very fortunate to find my birthfamily quickly. It was all coincedence. I was very glad it happened so quickly because it was driving me over the edge of sanity. Then my life all began to make sense. I am much more influenced by blood than by environment. I found siblings as well as a mom and dad. It was a beautiful thing. It was a life changing thing. 

Adoption is not the wonderful solution that people think  it is. In many cases, it is a place to abuse kids who already feel different. I know there are situations where adoption is appropriate. But, I believe newborn infants belong with their bio. moms. You want to adopt? Adopt a kid in foster care. If you choose to give up your newborn; do it in an open adoption. Knowledge is power. Kids deserve to know the truth. 

Well, those are my musings for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment