Friday, June 27, 2014

Musings for today

Well, I am sitting here thinking about life. It is quite a deep subject. I find myself getting wound up at things I have no control over. No matter how long I live, I continue the need to learn. That is actually a good thing. The alternative is dire. I have always been drawn to those that are oppressed. I believed for years it was because I was oppressed. Then I found my paternal biological family full of Quakers. They were abolitionists and fought for the Union in the Civil War. I think it is just in my DNA to be an open minded person. I will fight for the rights of those with none. I believe adoptee's right for their information of origin is a civil right. I believe at the very least we deserve our medical history. We deserve the truth. To lie to a child about their birth is wrong. The truth will come out eventually and it is so much more painful later. 

I have seen the darkest sides of life. I have endured pain of all kinds. Because I have been through things, I have an empathy for others that struggle. I understand loss, mental illness, pain of abuse, chronic pain, dysfunctional family and more. Therefore, I get so angered when I see people being hateful to each other. I am guilty of doing the same. I am human. But, the one thing I am most intolerant of is intolerance. This little girl had no idea the amazing, yet, hard life ahead of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment